Seattle BUI Lawyer – Sheed Law Offices PLLC
Given the access Washingtonians have to the great outdoors, many WA residents will head to the numerous bodies of water and waterways, weather permitting that is. Something that has grown in concern to the State legislature is making sure that operators of water vessels, which include boats (motorized and non-motorized), kayaks, canoes and rafts, are not impaired when operating said vessels. According to the United States Coast Guard Statistics on recreational boating, alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in 17% of boating fatalities in Washington State. This is why we see law enforcement cracking down on those who drink and operate boats.
WHY HIRE US?
- Former Public Defenders Who Know Every Way To Beat A DUI & BUI Charge
- 100% DUI Trial Defense Record – Seasoned Plea Bargain Negotiators
- Proud To Offer Affordable Rates & Pro-Bono If Qualified (Veterans, Single-Moms, Etc.)
- Attorneys That Care About Results, Not Just “The Talk.” View Our Testimonials.
- Contact Us Now For A Free Consultation.
In Washington State under RCW 79A.60.040(2), there are penalties for operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs (BUI). The following is an important list of things boaters need to know about BUI laws in Seattle:
- BUI is a gross misdemeanor that is punishable by up to a $5,000 fine and up to 364 days in jail.
- If a law enforcement officer has probable cause to believe the operator of a vessel is impaired, they can ask the boat operator to provide a BREATH SAMPLE. If the boater refuses to provide a sample, they will be issued a Class 1 Civil Infraction.
- The maximum penalty for refusal to take a breathalyzer test is $1,000; however, RCW 3.62.090(the public safety and education assessment) adds 105% to the penalty, so the total fine could be up to $2,050.
- The legal limit for operating under the influence of alcohol on our waterways is .08 and the legal limit for boating under the influence of marijuana is 5.0 nanograms.
- The law applies to all boats, motorized and non-motorized, which includes, kayaks, canoes and rafts.
AVAILABLE 24/7 – AFFORDABLE & AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE – 100% DUI TRIAL RECORD – CONTACT US FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you or a loved one has been charged with BUI in Seattle, CONTACT a Seattle BUI lawyer at Sheed Law Offices. Washington State BUI convictions can result in harsh BUI Penalties, which is why the Seattle BUI Lawyers at Sheed Law Offices use their experience to fight for the best results possible for our clients. If you or a loved one are facing alcohol or marijuana BUI charges, CONTACT a Seattle DUI attorney right now!
CONTACT US NOW FOR A FREE CASE CONSULTATION – (425) 236–2291